Thursday, December 19, 2019

You Ready For Your Solo And Last Concert - 2011 Words

â€Å"Are you ready for your solo and last concert?† I half smiled at him and nodded, feeling a bit emotional, remembering why I was doing this in the first place. I suddenly felt calm, and I was ready for anything. He nodded his head, indicating it was time. I took a deep breath, smiled, and walked out with my violin that I have grown so accustomed to in my hand, feeling the rush of cool air on my face. My conductor’s loud claps could be heard from behind the stage, which was followed by an eruption of applause from the audience. Once I got to my spot I bowed and tuned the orchestra: the plain sound of the A string ringing across the concert hall. After everyone was tuned, we all seated to wait for the arrival of our conductor. He came out and we all stood up and clapped. While everyone sat down, I stayed standing, walking over to the edge of the stage. I looked around my surroundings again once more, embracing myself for the moment. The crowd had suddenly turned into blurs, blending between the lights. I had suddently felt a little better about playing. The conductor raised his baton up, looked and smiled at me in reassurance, raised my instrument up, and I took in a deep breath. * * * * * I became obsessed with my music. I would come home every day after practice and would practice even more. I was involved with my school chamber orchestra, Strolling Strings, youth orchestra, and eventually in the Bismarck Mandan Symphony Orchestra. I used all of these orchestra groups toShow MoreRelatedThe Advantage And Disadvantages Of Being An Instrument1033 Words   |  5 PagesBeing stubborn has its advantages and disadvantages. One advantage is that it leads to being dedicated for everything you start. In middle school, specifically in fifth grade, band class and being able to learn an instrument is first introduced to students. Many people sign up, trying out instruments until they find one they enjoy. I, along with a handful of other people in my grade, joined a year late. Not only was I a year late, but I also missed sign ups again, and joined a few months into myRead MoreThe Masterworks at the Colorado Symphony639 Words   |  3 PagesThe Masterworks concert I attended at the Colorado Symphony was Watkins Plays Edgar. A formal event with an audience of older more sophisticated adults. Dressed well and already knowing the appropriate etiquette for a symphony was a prepared crowd. The artists were lined up perfectly on the grand stage all dressed in black ready to go, the conductor was standing in front of them all and started the piece moving his hands back and forth up and down. It was beautiful. With selections from The SleepingRead MoreSample Resume : Up Close Personal1203 Words   |  5 Pages2016 SOiL: Up Close Personal Prior to now, I had never heard of the band SOiL, let alone listened to any of their music. When I was assigned with the task of evaluating a concert performance, I decided to go with an artist or group that I wasn’t familiar with. This was a unique opportunity for me because unlike previous concerts I have attended, I was able to experience this performance as a true music critic rather than as a fan. Instead of looking at this situation from the viewpoint of throwingRead Moreexam1 B Essays1309 Words   |  6 Pages(Fall 2012) You are signed in as: Zhi Rao Top of Form Sign Out Bottom of Form Home Classroom Exams/Assignments Grades Help Exam #1 Time Limit 50 minutes Starting Time 7:54 pm Arizona time Top of Form 1 In September of 1971, John and Yoko make their first appearance on _____________, where they discuss the Beatles break-up and show clips from Fly and Imagine. That November, George will also appear on this US TV show, discussing Monty Pythons Flying Circus and The Concert for BangladeshRead MoreI Was Auditioning For One1181 Words   |  5 PagesI was auditioning for one of Mr. Kentros choirs. I stood in the hallway nervously—as always—Rachel was there practicing for her audition, which was after mine. I m ready for this. I can do it! Coby came out of his audition with a giant smile on his face. He put his hand on my shoulder, â€Å"have fun, and good luck!† I took a deep breath as I walked into the choir classroom. Mr. Kentros was sitting at the piano with sight reading papers in front of him, there was a chair next and a music stand nextRead MoreEssay on Charles Mingus in the 1950s3762 Words   |  16 Pagesrecording as The Greatest Jazz Concert Ever, marked the beginning of Mingus period of closest alignment with the bebop movement. The concert was flawed in numerous ways; most notably, an important boxing match was happening the same night, so only a third of the seats were taken at Massey Hall. Charlie Parker, who forgot his saxophone and picked out a white plastic one to use after driving around Toronto, was sparring with Gillespie throughout the entire concert. Gillespie would frequently go backstageRead MoreExplanation Of Niall Horans Life2003 Words   |  9 PagesIf you had told seventh grade me that one day she would be meeting Niall Horan, she never would have believed you. Then if you told her that she would be meeting Niall Horan because she won a radio contest on twitter, she would have just laughed in your face. I was sitting at work one day and just happened to see a tweet pop up from my local radio stations radio host Found out i cant go to @NiallOfficials sold out show in Atlanta next week-want my tickets soundcheck passes? RT + follow, uRead MoreMUS 354 exam 2 c1247 Words   |  9 Pagesï » ¿MUS 354: The Beatles After the Beatles (Fall B 2013) You are signed in as: Pan Chen Top of Form Sign Out Bottom of Form Home Classroom Exams/Assignments Grades Help Exam #2 Time Limit 50 minutes Starting Time 10:18 pm Arizona time Top of Form 1 In April of 1979, a U.S. court finds the Beatle s former manager _________ guilty of tax evasion and he is sentenced to serve two months of a two-year sentence in prison.   Brian Epstein   Mal Evans   Allen Klein   George Martin   Pete Best 2 ____________Read MoreWoodstock Essay2087 Words   |  9 Pagesbecome a rock center when musician Bob Dylan and a rock group called The Band settled there. To promote the idea of the studio the four partners of the music festival (Michael Lang; Artie Kornfield; John Roberts; and Joel Rosenman) decided to stage a concert, which they officially called the Woodstock Festival and Art Fair. The Monterey Pop Festival held in Monterey, California, in 1967 inspired the Woodstock festival (Sandow, 1). The Woodstock partners eventually rented a field from a prominent localRead MoreFinal Mgi Team2245 Words   |  9 Pagesgroup member: 1) Igor Tkachenko (co-founder), is an award-winning composer and pianist, he appeared in many major concerts within Europe and United States. He produced 7 cd’s of his original music. 2) Roman Yakub (co-founder), he is an internationally acclaimed composer with extensive experience in electronic compositions and traditional compositions. He performed concerts in Europe and United states. 3) Dav Clark, is a graduate student at MIT in the brain and cognitive science. He leads

No comments:

Post a Comment